RSS

12/18/10

Misa de gallo

It's December and Misa de gallo plays big part as we celebrate Christmas. It's a 9 mornings' mas before christmas eve or the born of Jesus Christ. Some people say, you need to complete the 9 mornings so that your wish will come true. I used to believe in this saying before and been attending misa de gallo for many times but I didn't get a chance to complete the 9 mornings. Not until last year, that was my first to make it perfect and it was a nice experienced. Waking up early in the morning for 9 consecutive days is kind of tired but it's really a nice feeling when you are sucrificing for God. To show him that he is remembered.

The true spirit of Christmas is not by receiving gifts but to visit him in the church and praise him for what his done to us. Celebrating his birthday is the main reason why we have this so called christmas. It's his day, the day when he came out from the womb of Virgin Mary and later on saved us from the sins. We musn't forget that, we owe him. He saved us because he loves us more than his own life.

Some people ask me, are you attending misa de gallo??? and I was like yes. They ask me, what is your wish??? and I answer them, I have so many wish but I don't really need to wish at all. I mean, I don't want to go to church for 9 consecutive mornings because I have a wish to ask. That is so unfair, you only go to church because of your wish??? because you want God to return your sacrifice by answering your wish?? I mean come'on! This life is too much to ask for more. I mean saving our lives and giving us an opportunity to live, use and enjoy his other creations is too much.

Why don't we go to church, listen to his words and be inspired instead of going there just for the sake of your wish??!

Today is December 18th and I was attending 3 mornings' mas. I still have 6 mornings till the day when Jesus Christ was born. May our Christmas be filled with love and happiness. Merry Christmas to everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment