It was Tuesday afternoon. I was lying down on my bed waiting to fall asleep, suddenly my mobile phone beeped. I grabbed the phone hurriedly and read the message.
“Hey there, how you doing?” it was Maddy, my childhood friend.
“Hey, I’m well. You?” I replied quickly.
“Ummm not really ok, because of you. I mean, are you sure you’re not coming with us this weekend? I can’t get over about you-saying-no yesterday” I could feel the sadness in her text.
“I’m really sorry about it bessy. I thought we’re already done with it. Yesterday, you know you said okay.”
“yeah, but I’ve changed my mind. I really want you to come. Please bessy.” She pleaded.
Our groups of friends were planning to have a reunion in the island of Bohol. It takes us two rides by plane to get there. Or via bus and then OceanJet.
I am perfectly sure Mum won’t let me go that far away. It’s just a reunion; you can do it here, why you really need to go somewhere far away?! I can’t see the point, besides whatever happens to you out there is not worth it! Either your sisters won’t let you come. These is going to be the line I’m gonna hear if I mention this to mum. I don’t want hear it, so what is the purpose of me telling this to her?!
After
5 years since we graduated in high school our classmates wants to reunite.
Annie one of my best friends told me about this plan a month ago, as they are
the officials during their senior years. We never graduated in the same school
because I transferred to other school, but we are classmates since first year
to third year.
“I can’t promise, but let me see what I can do. Okay?” That’s all I can say for now, I thought. I hit the send button and started thinking what should I do to make my sister and mum allows me to go for one long trip.
“Okay, Please please find a way. I really want you to be with us bess. It’s really exciting and fun and we all are excited.” She replied.
“Let’s just hope my mum would let me bess, trust me I’d really love to come.” I just said to comfort her.
I put down my phone after our conversation, then my thoughts running randomly to my strict mum and over protective sisters.
I felt so hot and my whole body seemed like sweating. I opened my eyes and the light of the sun blinded me. I was flattered, I thought it was night but it was so light. Against the will of my lazy body I stood up and reached the ON button of the air condition. I threw back my whole body back to bed, and then the room started to get cool. That’s when I realized I was on myself now.
I took my phone to check the message but I got zero messages. I rechecked my inbox instead and there I read Maddy’s text messages again.
As
much as I don’t want to hear my mum’s sermon, I still manage to tell her.
It
took me a lot of explanations and promises. And in the end out of my
expectations she let me. It is such a big relief in my part to make my mum
allow me.
I
can’t explain the excitement that I felt. And I can’t wait to tell it to
everybody that I’m coming. I’m pretty sure it would make them happy of my
presence.
“Hey
Maddy, guess what! Mum let me come with you guys this weekend.” I wrote with
excitement.
“Really?
That’s great! You really make my happy!” She replied in just a minute.
“Yeah
I know, I did talk to her and convinced her so freaking bad and luckily she was
convinced. Thank God!” I exclaimed happily.
“You
are very lucky! Oh wait, did we talk earlier?” She replied greatly with a
little awkwardness on the last part.
“hello???
Didn’t you just pleading over me, begging even to do something to make my ass
come with you guys?” I said shaking my head in confusion. What is going on with
you bessy. I thought.
It
took a while before she could reply. I’ve even done brushing my teeth and
applying some moisturizer on my face.
“Oh
yeah! God I’m sorry I’m just...I don’t know... maybe I’m just out of myself in
a moment hahaha. Crazy me! Anyways, start packing your stuff ‘cause it’s going
to be a long and exciting trip. Make sure you bring important things with you.”
A long message appeared on my screen. Wow! It is not obvious that Maddy is way
too excited for the trip. I just thought.
“haha,
you’re acting weird bessy. I think it has something to do with over excitement.
I understand that! *winks*” I just said.
“Sure
thing! I still have the whole day tomorrow for the packing. Thanks again.” I
continued.
Saturday
morning, I was in my room checking up all my stuff when I heard a horn outside.
I went to peek through my window “They’re here” I told to myself.
“Ariane!
I think it’s your friend outside.” I heard mum calling while I was on my way
downstairs.
“Coming”
I replied almost a yelled while half running to the door.
At
the front door, I saw mum at the gate already– opening it for them. Then one by
one all the familiar faces started to jump off the back of the black 4x4
pick-up.
“Hi
Tita!...Hello Tita... I missed you Tita...” It’s almost a chorus that I can’t
identify who are saying it, plus a kiss and a hug to my mum.
Seeing
them make me felt sad and happy. It’s a mixed emotion. After so many years,
I’ve never thought we could still do the same stuff we used to do before, back
in high school.
It’s
not obvious to hear those words from them to my mum, because they used to go
here in our house when we’re still in high school. Especially, when we have a
project or group study. Even during my birthdays.
Mum
is really good to them ever since, she always welcomed them in our house that’s
why my classmates really like her too. Maybe that’s one of the reason why she let
me in this adventure. It’s just that mum ain’t really a big fan of me going
with the friends all the time. She rather let them come to my place than me
coming over their places. She’s a biased parent but I totally love her and very
thankful she’s my mum.
“Hey
guys!” I said surprisingly. And they seemed all pleased to see me.
I
hugged each of them, and then I saw everyone in the car started to get out and
headed to us as soon as they saw me.
“Oh
my God! I’ve missed you all so much guys!” I said to them tearfully.
I
am still hugging Annie while I was fronting the pick-up and noticed that
there’s still someone’s left in the car. The driver’s door opened and wallah!
Someone so familiar face is heading towards us. I looked down as soon as I know
he didn’t see me looking at him. I act as if I never saw him.
“Hi!”
Said the familiar voice.
Again
I act like as if I was startled. I looked up and meet his eyes. We’re staring
at each other for a moment then we both smile. I felt bizarre and I don’t know
what to do. I’m no good at this thingy.
He
came closer to me and gave me a hug, I hugged him back like an idiot but I know
it was just a friendly hug just like I do and he does to our friends. From that
very moment, I felt the butterflies in my stomach. I don’t know exactly what I
feel.
His name is Jay, my high school crush. He is so tall now and masculine and more handsome than before.
At the plane, Annie and I seated next to each other. I started to count us all in my mind.
Me, Annie, Maddy, Marrie, Ruby, Dannielle, Cherry, Sarah, Girlan , Juliet, Jay, Fredd, Gary, Marc, John, Seth, Jun, Micheal and josh. We’re all nineteen.
I can’t keep the excitement, besides this also my first time to be in the place. They booked the whole property; with private swimming it is located at the top of the hill where you can see the chocolate hills.
The house is so big, and looks luxury. The Living area is my favorite one, it’s very open, and the windows are glass from top to the bottom where you can see the swimming pool. I’m really in love with the place. In fact I was imagining, I would love to have a house like that.
There are eight rooms and four bathrooms. The three rooms are occupied by the boys while the five others are for girls. The boys are gentlemen enough to give up the one room as we are more than them.
It was already five in the afternoon when we all finished arranging our stuff.
“Okay guys, it’s already five what are we going to have for dinner?!” Gary asks from the kitchen.
“The market is a little bit far away from here, I don’t think we have enough time to go there and get some foods.” Dannielle answered.
“Guys, don’t worry! I’ve already ask the cook to prepare us dinner for tonight.” Marrie called out from outside.
“You’re a life saver Marrie! That’s why you are not so worried.” Jay told to Marrie in relief as he walked towards her.
Marrie is our first honor since first year to fourth year. She is smart and talented girl I know in school. She’s the one who plan this reunion up to the booking and stuff.
“Great! So we have nothing to worry about! How about let’s swim, I’m sure the pool is pretty tired of waiting us.” John teased. He is such a jolly guy ever. He’d never changed.
I was just leaning on the wall laughing at their craziness.
To be continued.......

0 comments:
Post a Comment